Please read carefully before signing because this document affects your legal rights and obligations.
I have requested the opportunity to hunt and discharge firearms on land owned or leased by Broken Arrow Farms. In partial consideration for this permission by Broken Arrow Farms, I acknowledge that I have read and understand the following:
- This activity involves the use of firearms by me and by others in the field near me.
- Discharge of firearms may kill or injure game, but may also kill or injure humans if proper safety procedures are not followed. Muzzle blast may permanently impair hearing ability.
- This activity also involves walking on broken terrain, riding in or on vehicles, crossing fences, carrying firearms, decoys and game, possibly traveling on ice, and use of dogs.
- Encounters with animals, insects, barb wire, scrap metal, machinery, other hunters, noxious weeds, cactus or camp cooking may be harmful, particularly for those with allergies, compromised immune systems, or special needs.
- South Dakota weather conditions change quickly and may cause hypothermia, frostbite, damage from hail and wind, risk from fire, heat stroke, or severe sunburn without warning.
- The emotional and physical exertion that are natural parts of hunting places increase stress on heart, lungs, and circulation.
I have engaged in hunting and shooting sports before, and I understand that there are risks, hazards, and dangers involved. I have had an opportunity to inquire about risk factors and have my questions answered. I am in good physical condition and will wear eye protection in the field. I will take every reasonable precaution to reduce risk to me and to others because of my actions, will not intentionally violate game laws or safety rules, and will follow the directions of guides or employees of Broken Arrow Farms.
I voluntarily, with knowledge of risks, hazards and dangers involved, assume and accept all risk of injury and death arising from activities at or involving Broken Arrow Farms, its owners, officers, agent and employees.
I, for myself, my heirs, successors, executors and subrogees, hereby knowingly and intentionally waive and release, indemnify and hold harmless Broken Arrow Farms, its owners, directors, officers, agents, employees, and volunteers from and against any and all claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, suits, expenses (including reasonable attorney fees) which are related to, arise out of, or are in any way connected with my participation in this activity, including but not limited to, negligence of any kind or nature, whether foreseen or unforeseen, arising directly or indirectly out of any damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death to me or my property as a result of my engaging in these activities or the use of these services, animals, or equipment, whether such damage, loss, injury, paralysis, or death result from negligence of Broken Arrow Farms or from some other cause. I, for myself, my heirs, my successors, executors, and subrogees, further agree not to sue Broken Arrow Farms as a result of any injury, paralysis, or death suffered in connection with acts or omissions of Broken Arrow Farms.